CAMPAIGNS & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Founded in 1995, Women’s Voices for the Earth (WVE) amplifies women’s voices to eliminate the toxic chemicals that harm our health and communities. We believe that everyone, regardless of their race, socio-economic status, or gender, deserves to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals that may give them cancer, cause infertility and birth defects, or cause health problems for future generations. WVE challenges corporate practices that threaten women’s health through the unfettered use of toxic chemicals and work for health-protective policies that protect everyone from toxic chemical exposure. Today, we lead a network of tens of thousands of women nationwide who are working to empower and educate women, enact health protective laws, and drive up corporate accountability and transparency.
WVE seeks a Campaigns & Outreach Coordinator to serve as an integral member of a small, highly effective team working to amplify women’s voices to eliminate the toxic chemicals that harm our health and communities. This position provides outreach and organizing support for all WVE’s corporate and policy campaigns, executes strategies for mobilizing WVE’s base of activists nationwide to support campaign goals, and building power among volunteer women leaders to support the organization’s work. The position works closely with all staff, including the Director of Corporate Accountability, the Communications Director, and the Director of Programs and Policy. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position and reports to the Director of Programs and Policy.
The ideal candidate for this position is a highly-motivated self-starter, enjoys working in a fast-paced and collegial environment, loves picking up the phone to build relationships, is enthusiastic about public speaking and networking, has a love for online and offline organizing, and is happy working remotely. This person comes with some experience but is also looking to grow and develop in this exciting position.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Grassroots Engagement & Leadership
- Develop and implement new outreach and engagement strategies to grow WVE’s base of actively involved constituents, working closely with program staff to ensure alignment and support campaigns.
- Create systems for recruiting, retaining and supporting a team of remote volunteer leaders.
- Identify, mentor and coach volunteer leaders and activists through extensive email, phone, and online outreach and relationship-building.
- Lead, engage, and grow WVE’s “Actionista” team, a network of super-volunteers across the country who are interested in doing more; track and evaluate efforts.
- Engage WVE members and allies to support state and federal policies through LTEs, Op-Eds, speaking at briefings/hearings, in-district meetings & lobby days.
- Collaborate with other health, environmental, social, reproductive justice groups and others as strategic for campaigns; efficiently and effectively track individuals and organizations WVE engages with.
Outreach & Public Education
- Produce campaign-related action alerts, social media content, and written materials.
- Mobilize thousands of activists over email, phone/text, on social media, and other online platforms to pressure targets.
- Conduct targeted outreach to priority groups of women (i.e. disseminating WVE reports, making presentations, inviting to events, etc.).
- Develop and coordinate public speaking opportunities, workshops, or other offline events.
- Help produce educational materials, including fact sheets, brochures/pamphlets, issue papers or other materials to support campaigns.
- Produce public writing pieces, such as blog entries, newsletter articles, op-eds, etc., and develop website content for campaigns as needed.
- Develop social media outreach campaigns that mobilize supporters into action, including designing social media images.
- Track and evaluate public outreach & education efforts.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting, bi-monthly program meetings, two in-person retreats per year in Montana, and all other organizational meetings as needed to effectively carry out job duties or as directed by supervisor.
- WVE is a small, collaborative organization. From time to time, you may be asked to take on projects or tasks in support of the whole organization.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED
- Committed to ideology of building women’s power and to WVE’s strategic plan goals.
- At least 2-years’ experience with on-the-ground and online organizing and advocacy, including experience with social media campaigns, graphics and other digital communication strategies/techniques.
- Strong background in mobilizing large numbers of people into action.
- Experience working with/mentoring members one-on-one to foster leadership development.
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively as part of a team, to achieve organizational goals.
- Experienced and comfortable with public speaking, in front of both small and large audiences.
- Possesses exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Word Press, EveryAction, and Phone2Action a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe design programs.
- Must be willing to travel and able to work efficiently and independently in a remote office.
TERMS AND COMPENSATION
WVE’s national headquarters is located in Missoula, Montana. This is a remote position, with preference for candidates in urban areas with easy access to major airports for travel. The position is full-time (40 hours/week). Salary range is $38,000 – $42,000, depending on experience. Position includes 100% paid Blue Cross/Blue Shield healthcare plan, retirement match, generous paid leave, and an excellent working environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to email@example.com with “Campaign Coordinator Applicant” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin February 23, with a goal to hire by the end of March. No phone calls please.
WVE strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional gender justice and racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. WVE provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities with WVE
Through our Internship program, WVE provides an opportunity for students and others to gain first-hand experience working on issues of environmental health and justice. Interns work hand-in-hand with our professional staff to develop a variety of personal and professional skills. For example, past WVE interns have conducted research on strategies for movement building and messaging, conducted outreach to various partner organizations, supported legislative advocacy projects and organized special events. Our interns make a lasting contribution to the development of WVE’s programs and enhance the organization’s capacity to fulfill its mission.
For more information, contact WVE at firstname.lastname@example.org.