Founded in 1995, Women’s Voices for the Earth (WVE) amplifies women’s voices to eliminate the toxic chemicals that harm our health and communities. We believe that everyone, regardless of their race, socio-economic status, or gender, deserves to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals that may give them cancer, cause infertility and birth defects, or cause health problems for future generations. WVE challenges corporate practices that threaten women’s health through the unfettered use of toxic chemicals and work for health-protective policies that protect everyone from toxic chemical exposure. Today, we lead a network of tens of thousands of women nationwide who are working to empower and educate women, enact health protective laws, and drive up corporate accountability and transparency.
Download PDF of job description
WVE is looking for an Operations Manager whose primary responsibilities are to provide general operational and remote work support with human resources and bookkeeping responsibilities. This is a full-time, exempt position with some travel. Reports to the Executive Director.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work directly with Executive Director in making sure daily operations are running smoothly keeping in line with the mission and vision of the organization
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission — specifically, support better reporting, information flow, business processes and organizational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function
- Organize and execute plan for remote work for WVE employees
- Monitor organizational email and phone systems, filter, and send to appropriate staff
- Pick up and sort mail from post office box, and mail supplies
- Oversee inventory of all supplies and materials related to the infrastructure needs of WVE in both the Missoula, MT and Denver, CO offices
- Maintain archival and administrative files
- Coordinate and maintain an online filing system that includes accounting documents like receipts, invoices, statements, reports, etc.
- Administrative duties related to the Board of Directors
- Be liaison with all outside vendors
- Event planning and logistics coordination for annual retreat and other WVE events
- Update HR manual for most up to date and progressive practices in concert with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Answers frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to Executive Director
- Coordinate Executive Directors and staff calendars for interviewing and hiring processes
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Be liaison for employees and payroll company and employee benefits questions
- Maintain QuickBooks and code transactions with the appropriate chart of accounts, programs & funder information
- Coordinate payroll with third party payroll processing company
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Process monthly employee reimbursement requests
- Ensure all monthly invoices are paid
- Support Development Director with grant financial requests
- Help monitor fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billing and receipts for the recording of all revenue transactions
- Ensure Accounting related requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties as needed
- Support preparation of annual 990 and audit with outside CPA firm
- Monitor monthly cash flow
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will be discrete, energetic, agile-minded, strategic, proactive, a direct communicator with solid written and oral communication skills, organized, and committed to the vision and values of WVE.
- 4 years significant and relevant education and/or experience needed for this position
- Focused and flexible with willingness to play an active role in all aspects of the organization
- Financial literacy
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity and sound judgment
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively across the organization, openly and with respect
- Commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Software and database management experience
- Strong analytical skills and highly organized
- Proficient in MS Office for Windows, Microsoft Office 365, QuickBooks
TERMS AND COMPENSATION
This position is located in Denver, CO. The position is full-time exempt position with a salary range of $50,000 – $55,000, depending on experience. Position includes health benefits, retirement match, generous paid leave, and an excellent working environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin Dec. 7th and will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.
WVE strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional gender justice and racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. WVE provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. Womxn and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.