Founded in 1995, Women’s Voices for the Earth (WVE) amplifies women’s voices to eliminate the toxic chemicals that harm our health and communities. We believe that everyone, regardless of their race, socio-economic status, or gender, deserves to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals that may give them cancer, cause infertility and birth defects, or cause health problems for future generations. WVE challenges corporate practices that threaten women’s health through the unfettered use of toxic chemicals and work for health-protective policies that protect everyone from toxic chemical exposure. Today, we lead a network of tens of thousands of women nationwide who are working to empower and educate women, enact health protective laws, and drive up corporate accountability and transparency.
Requests for Proposals
- Strategic Planning Process: WVE is seeking proposals for a consultant to lead our strategic planning process with the end product being a strategic plan that includes a renewed mission and vision statement, organizational values, and theory of change rooted in an anti-racist and intersectional approach. Ideally, this person has a deep and demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, experience in social justice settings, experience with national or multi-state strategy, expertise in environmental health and justice a plus, and familiarity with emergent strategy is a plus. Proposals are due by March 14. View the full RFP here.
- Compensation Consultant: WVE is looking for a contractor to provide compensation consulting services. The contractor will work closely with the Executive Director to provide the services as outlined in the scope of work found here. Proposals are due by March 14, 2021. View full RFP here.
Call for nominations: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nomination deadline: March 15, 2021
Download a copy of the nomination/application
About the Position
WVE seeks a diverse group of dedicated, creative, and savvy individuals, aligned with WVE’s mission, to serve on its board of directors. Board member responsibilities include: organizational governance, fiscal oversight and fiduciary responsibility; actively participating in board meetings, subcommittees and other board activities; planning and setting of WVE’s strategic direction; engaging in targeted fundraising activities; supporting and evaluating the executive director; assisting in building an effective board; and acting as an ambassador for WVE and enhancing its public standing. Board terms are two years in length for the first year, two years subsequently, if re-nominated, up to 6 consecutive years.
We are looking to add 2-4 new board members in time to attend our annual retreat this summer. Applicants of color and others who will increase the diversity of WVE’s board are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are prioritizing candidates who have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Legal expertise
- Human resources management
- Health care/health policy
- Government relations
- Environmental health/environmental justice/climate justice
- Network weaving, particularly in areas of environmental justice, reproductive justice, and youth organizing
- Previous board experience a plus
- Connections to philanthropic community a plus
- Green chemistry knowledge a plus
If interested in being considered for WVE’s board, please complete the following form and return it to board member Nicole Acevedo at: email@example.com at your earliest convenience but no later than March 15, 2021. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
WOMEN’S VOICES FOR THE EARTH
BOARD CANDIDATE STATEMENT OF INTEREST
- Please provide or attach your short bio.
- Why are you interested in WVE and in serving on WVE’s board of directors?
- Please describe any past board experience.
- What skills, assets, relationships and expertise would you bring to WVE’s board and to the organization?
- Do you have any concerns or questions about board service?
- If invited to join the board, when would you be available to start a board term?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share with us?
Thank you for your interest in WVE!