fbpx

A popular hair-straightening treatment left this stylist with chemical poisoning

A popular hair-straightening treatment left this stylist with chemical poisoning

Published in: Yahoo Lifestyle

When the Brazilian blowout first became a trend, hairstylist Jennifer Arce says she decided to offer the service to her clients. But she ended up developing lung issues as a result.

Arce says she was sick in bed “for weeks” before she decided she was going to fight what had happened. She found other women like her who had been through similar experiences, joined forces with an organization called Women’s Voices for the Earth and went to Washington, D.C., to lobby for safer products in salons.

She eventually helped get a bill passed into law in California that requires salon products to have their ingredients listed directly on their label…

Read more.

Leave a Reply

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons