It’s a new year and a great time to think about a fresh start. What better time to resolve to find a new way to detox your life? Try keeping it simple–no need to overhaul everything you do all at once! The best way to stick to a resolution is to pick one that is realistic, specific and is something that you’d really like to do!
So here are a few suggestions with steps you can take to get there:
1. Find a healthier shampoo, lotion, lipstick or other product that you use daily to replace a current one that you have concerns about.
- Look up your product in the EWG Skin Deep database to find out more about which chemicals you want to avoid in that kind of product.
- Search for healthier alternatives in the database.
- Talk to friends and family about what products they use.
- Read blogs that review healthier products.
2. Reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals in household dust.
- Make your home a shoe-free zone. Use a mat by the door and take off your shoes at the entrance to avoid tracking in contaminants.
- Wash your hands more frequently with soap and water.
- Get a microfiber mop and make a plan to use it regularly on bare floors.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to capture small particles that could contain toxic chemicals.
3. Support the work of Women’s Voices for the Earth, to help make a difference in the world that no single individual can do alone.
- Click on our Take Action page, and use your voice to speak out for safer and healthier products.
- Click on our Donate page, and support our work financially.
Here’s to a healthy 2014!