October 9th, 2004: I walked in to a client’s moldy shower, armed with the strongest professional janitorial product on the market at that time. I rolled down my sleeves to cover exposed skin, just like the directions said. I put on my safety goggles to protect my eyes, just like the directions said. I put the face mask on to cover my mouth and nose, gloves to protect my hands, just like the owner of the janitorial store said. I stepped on to my 2-step ladder that was resting on a towel in the shower so it would not slip; safety always comes first. I sprayed. . . I sprayed some more. Then I took a breath. It hurt a little. So naturally I took a deeper breath. It hurt a lot. I stumbled backwards, landed on the floor and got my first view of the cloud that had formed in the shower. I was in excruciating pain; every breath I took was painful. I rushed myself to the hospital and many painful hours later it was found that the “cloud” had singed my nose hairs, my throat, my lungs. My name is April Anderson and I am LIVING proof that the conventional products used in our homes and businesses are dangerous to us, our loved ones and the environment. And because of the accident I became the “1 in 50″ who is sensitive to synthetic ingredients found in everything from the laundry soap to the hair spray. “Fragrance” is now my enemy, limiting me to where I can go and what I can do. Today I teach others about how to remove the synthetics from their world and learn to clean with natural (not just “green”) products. I love what I do. I believe in what I do.