How to Host a Green Momma Party
Whether you’re hosting a baby shower, planning a parents’ group activity, or just having a get-together with friends, the Green Momma Party Guide has everything you need to host a great party and make detoxing the home fun!
STEP ONE: PREP FOR THE PARTY
1. Download and print the Party Guide (For the Host) for yourself. Download and print or make a copy of the Party Guide (For Guests) for each of your guests.
2. Read through the Party Guide (for the Host) so that you get a feel for what happens at a Green Momma Party. Be sure to read the Host Discussion Guide so you can keep the conversation moving during your party. As the host, you’ll be in charge of leading your guests through the Party Guide!
3. Decide which recipes from the Party Guide you’d like to mix with your guests. We suggest choosing one or two to make at the party. Watch the YouTube “how-to” videos online to learn how to make them.
4. Based on which recipes you choose, pick out the corresponding rooms in the Party Guide to discuss at your party. For example, if you’re making diaper wipes, you’ll probably want to talk about the nursery. Guests can read the other sections on their own at home.
5. Get your mixing supplies ready. Figure out what supplies you need to make the recipes.
- For help with quantities, download the Guide.
- To cut down on cost, ask each guest to bring enough of a certain ingredient for the whole party, or you can buy in bulk and have your guests chip in a few dollars each.
- Make sure you have mixing bowls, spoons, and measuring cups on hand.
- You’ll need containers for guests to take their new products home in. You can re-use old glass jars—just make sure they’re well washed! Or ask your guests to bring their own container.
6. If possible, plan to have a computer with Internet access on hand if you want to show your guests the YouTube videos demonstrating how to mix up the recipes you’ve chosen.
7. Be ready for your guests to take action after reading through the Five Take Action Tips for Green Mommas with a computer or by having guests pull up the actions on smartphones.
8. Consider providing snacks. Everyone loves food and drinks at a party! Provide some snacks or ask guests to bring something to share.
STEP TWO: HOST THE PARTY
1. Welcome Guests
It’s a party! Build in some time to for people to eat, drink, and socialize.
2. Start with Why You’re Throwing a Green Momma Party
Gather your guests together, hand out their guides, and start by giving the Overview in the Host Discussion Guide.
3. Walk Your Guests Through the Home Detox
Start with the room you’d like to focus on most and direct your guests to that room in the Party Guide. Make sure you provide pens or pencils for this part!
- Read through the content together. Have your guests participate by taking turns reading about the hidden hazards and suggestions for avoiding them. Use the questions from the Host Discussion Guide to help keep the conversation going.
- Utilize the knowledge in the room! Encourage your guests to share what they already know: tips, recipes, ideas, information on where to find non-toxic items locally or online, etc. Encourage your guests to use the Notes sections in the Party Guide to jot down anything new to them.
4. Make a Change & Check It Off
After some good conversation, ask each guest to pick at least one change they will make at home and share it with the group, using the Make A Change & Check It Off section. Have guests add suggestions that aren’t on the list in the Notes section. Then move on the next room you’ve chosen.
5. Take Action Together
Now that your guests are fired up about toxic chemicals trespassing in their homes, read through the Five Take Action Tips for Green Mommas, and have a computer or smartphones ready for your guests to take one of those actions. You can demonstrate taking the action, and then have your guests do it as they’re filing by on their way to mix up a recipe.
6. Mix Up Some Non-Toxic Recipes
Close the party by making some healthy products together! After learning about the harmful chemicals lurking in their homes, your guests will be thrilled to make a healthy product!
- Demonstrate to your guests how to make the recipe. Or, if your computer is set up, show your guests the YouTube how-to videos.
- Have a table with the supplies ready and let your guests at it!
STEP 3: AFTER THE PARTY
Keep Up the Momentum!
We know detoxing your home is a longer process than just throwing a party. As you make changes, use the Make A Change & Check It Off list in each room of the Party Guide to track and celebrate your progress. Follow up with your guests after your party to see how they’re doing and share your successes!
|Get the full Green Momma Party Guide!|