Always Testing Results
Product testing results show that Always pads release chemicals linked to cancer and reproductive and developmental harm. See the full results.
Please take a moment to call Always and tell them to list ingredients so that we have the information we need to protect our health.
Always Customer Service number: 1 (800) 888-3115
Hello. I just saw test results from Women’s Voices for the Earth that show chemicals linked to cancer, reproductive harm, and allergies in Always pads – and no ingredients are listed on the label. We have a right to know what we’re using on our bodies. Please list all ingredients and remove harmful chemicals.
Watch and share our hilarious spoof music video with a serious message: Detox the Box!
Our new Chem Fatale report finds toxic chemicals commonly used in feminine care products like pads and tampons. Unfortunately, because pads and tampons are regulated as “medical devices” and not “personal care products,” companies aren’t required to disclose any of the ingredients used in these products.
Here’s why this is a serious problem:
- WVE’s test results show secret toxic chemicals in Always pads.
- Test results show dioxins, furans and pesticide residues in tampons, which have been linked to cancer, reproductive harm, and hormone disruption.
- Studies link menstrual pad use to vulvar allergic rash in some women. Both adhesive chemicals like methyldibromo glutaronitrile and fragrances used in pads have been identified as causes of these allergic rashes.
- Fragrance is commonly used in pads and tampons, and all fragrance ingredients are kept secret.
- The harmful chemicals in these products come into contact with some of the most absorptive skin on our bodies!
Toxic chemicals don’t belong in feminine care products. Period.
Avoid Toxic Chemicals
- Avoid Hall of Shame products
- Bookmark our Chemicals of Concern fact sheet so you can reference it when shopping for feminine products.
- Reduce your use of feminine products, especially those that are medically unnecessary for a healthy vagina.
- Choose unscented products where available, especially in tampons and pads.
- Choose chlorine-free bleach or unbleached tampons and pads.
- If you are having allergic symptoms, switch brands, and then tell the company why you did by calling the 800 number on the label.
- Report any symptoms possibly resulting from feminine products to the FDA by calling 1-800-332-1088 or filling out a consumer report form.
No Secrets Business Partners: Safer Products
Detox the Box Advisory Committee