Would you be surprised to learn that feminine products, like pads, tampons, wipes, wash, sprays, and douche can contain unregulated toxic chemicals like carcinogens, reproductive toxins, hormone disruptors, and allergens?
These products are made for some of the most sensitive and absorbent skin on women’s bodies. Learn how to detox your feminine care below!
Reduce Your Exposure
- Avoid Hall of Shame products
- Print our Chemicals of Concern fact sheet and take it with you when shopping for feminine care products.
- Look for brands that disclose all ingredients, including what’s in fragrance.
- Reduce your use of feminine care products.
- Eliminate use of products that may be unnecessary to a healthy vagina.
- Choose unscented products where available (particularly tampons and pads).
- Choose chlorine-free bleached or unbleached cotton tampons and pads.
- If you are having allergic symptoms, switch brands! When you do switch – call the company’s 1-800 customer service to tell them why!
- Tell the FDA if you’ve had symptoms that may be from a feminine care product. Call 1-800-332-1088 or fill out a consumer reporting form.
|No Secrets: Safer Products|
|What’s in Your Products?|
|Hall of Shame Products|
|Chemicals of Concern|
|Chem Fatale Fact Sheet|
|Chem Fatale report|