Mission + Vision
Women’s Voices for the Earth is a national organization that works to eliminate toxic chemicals that harm women’s health by changing consumer behaviors, corporate practices and government policies.
Our vision is a world in which all women, their families and communities live in a healthy environment, free from toxic chemicals that adversely impact their health and well-being. Women are leaders in this world, where corporate practices and government policies ensure that the water they drink, the food they eat, the air they breathe, and the products they use in their homes, workplaces and communities are not contaminated with toxic chemicals that harm their health.
WVE works at the intersection of health, environmental and reproductive justice, and women’s leadership, guided by the following core principles:
- Commitment to creating a world where all women are protected from toxic exposure in their home, workplaces, and communities.
- Commitment to ensuring that women have equal political, economic and social rights.
- Particular focus on the needs of women who are most affected by environmental hazards, including women of color, low-income women, women with occupational exposures, and women of reproductive age, who are especially vulnerable to toxic exposures. In addition, we engage women who self-identify as “green,” and who may be early adopters and multipliers of green actions.
- Creation of opportunities to make women more aware of environmental health hazards, become engaged and mobilized to advocate for environmental health, and become change-agents as members of households, consumers, concerned citizens, and workers.
- Commitment to advancing social justice and equality. We believe all people have the right to a healthy environment and to protection from environmental hazards.