Many of us love to show love on Valentine’s Day with a gift to our sweetheart. But this year, skip the conventional gifts like perfumes and scented lotions that can have allergens and harmful chemicals hiding within. Kiss those predictable chocolates and flowers goodbye. Instead, celebrate this Valentine’s Day with gifts that are mindful of your health – and easy to love!
Here are some of our favorite resources for finding safer gifts for Valentine’s Day.
(Oh, and if you have a loved-one who needs a little hint on what to get you this February 14th — might I suggest subtly sending this blog post their way. )
- Take advantage of the Skin Deep Cosmetics Database to search for safer products.
- Upload the ThinkDirty app for shopping for personal care products: Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, its ingredients, and cleaner options.
- Check out our Business Partners – companies committed to forwarding a collective vision for a toxic-free future by promoting healthy working environments for their employees, healthy products and services for customers, and increasing awareness of the links between women’s health and toxic chemicals in our daily environments.
- Review the inspired list of personal care gift ideas from featured expert Elizabeth Wasserman (from our recent Non-Toxic Shopping Guide).
- Research the list of chemicals to avoid found in cosmetics and personal care products from the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics.
Need another idea for a Valentine’s Day gift? Nothing says “I love you” more than letting your loved ones know that you care about their health – via rhyme.